North End 9.25/26

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Sorry for the late post, I’ll keep this one shorter.

My uncle who hasn’t been since the late 80’s was itching to get back so my dad threw a quick trip together. I took my two boys and them and we fished north Friday and Saturday. As someone who has launched just about anywhere I was impressed with how much work they’ve put in on the two primitive launching areas. It’s still tight and can get congested but it works, so thank you! Ran into @K&M at the dock. Keith was so great and gracious to us, you guys have a great set up!

Friday afternoon and evening we hit some canyons below tapestry and found a mixed bag here and there. At the mouth Nixon hooked up with a good Smallie on Topwater after we stopped because of some surface activity. We then were able to spoon some stripers up hanging around 35’. They moved on but we caught handful there. We didn’t see much surface activity other than that driving around that evening and settled in for the night. Me and my boys slept on the boat under the sunmoon and that was a blast.

Saturday we started in canyons again and again picked up a mixed bag of fish. The fishing was not necessarily fast but fast enough. Mid Saturday we went towards Good Hope where at times the fishing would pick up but then in other spots be dull. Water was actually clearer up north past Ticaboo than in July.

Saturday evening multiple spots in towards blue notch and then in the mouth or Red started exploding violently with Boils. Gulls were getting ready extremely involved as well, diving and trying to pick off flying shad, what a sight. For a good 30/40 they were going nuts. It was especially great for Nixon who missed the trip in July. He kept saying “this makes up for missing those other boils!”

Water temps were still 75/76ish. Shad balls everywhere and about seven million grebes in Good Hope Bay.

Once I deal with a steering issue we were having we’ll make it back. Need to replace the seals and bearings at my helm for my hydraulic system I believe…. Always something boat wise ha but worth it.

Preston

IMG_2291.jpegIMG_8719.jpegIMG_8715.jpeg
IMG_8711.jpegIMG_2287.jpegIMG_8702.jpegIMG_8700.jpegIMG_8725.jpegIMG_8745.jpegIMG_8741.jpegIMG_8747.jpegIMG_8749.jpegIMG_8813.jpegIMG_8814.jpegIMG_8815.jpeg
 
Agree with @greyhackle, great pictures and as always great report! I have missed those from you for a while. The itch is getting pretty bad, maybe next week if I can make it happen. Thanks for sharing those memories.
 
Back
Top