Night light fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new alumalite. Just wondered why it has a 25' cord. Also does feet of water below area fishing matter?

That depends - some have used them very successfully in the halls buoy field off a houseboat in 200-ish feet of water. They also work well in shallower water.

And...cut an anchovy in thirds and put it on a lead headed jig. once you figure out the proper depth count “pulls” or use some kind of marker on your line to quickly get back to that depth. The bigger ones are generally below the smaller ones

The lighted boat docks at stateline seem to hold stripers at night. I just cast 4 or 5 cut up chivies out and then put 1/2 a chovie on a 1/4 oz jig head and cast it as far as I can and just let it drift down to the line being vertical. 9 times out of 10 I'll get hit on the drop. This "cast and sink" technique does far better for me (even in daylight at the dam) than drop straight down and let it sit. Far, far better.

This was in Rock Creek last weekend. Millions of 1/2" to 1" shad in our little cove after 2 hours. I did not fish it because I was working my night photography skills.

Attachments

• 20180630012233_IMG_3466_1.JPG
    20180630012233_IMG_3466_1.JPG
    887.8 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back