New to the group

Status
Not open for further replies.

tori

Hi :) Excited for upcoming trips to Lake Powell to fish, explore, hike, and more. First trip will be in April hoping to catch some Walleye and Kayak to some of the awesome rock formations. Starting at Wahweap and traveling North to Bullfrog area. Would love to know how long it will take and advice on anchor points along the way.

Welcome, are you conducting your journey in a kayak only? what is your boats cruising speed, that will determine your time.

We have heard the walleye fishing is better near Bullfrog. Any truth to that?
Walleye fishing is good lakewide in April-May but it is excellent to outstanding from Bullfrog up to Good Hope Bay. The trick is to get there just before the runoff starts to muddy the water and reduce visibility to less than a foot. I would plan a trip between April 15- May 15 to catch walleye from midlake to Good Hope and beyond. From Bullfrog downstream the water visibility is fine in late May and walleye fishing is great.

Walleye fishing is good lakewide in April-May but it is excellent to outstanding from Bullfrog up to Good Hope Bay. The trick is to get there just before the runoff starts to muddy the water and reduce visibility to less than a foot. I would plan a trip between April 15- May 15 to catch walleye from midlake to Good Hope and beyond. From Bullfrog downstream the water visibility is fine in late May and walleye fishing is great.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back