• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

New National Park in Utah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endurance

I like Stewart's proposal for two reasons. First, it goes through a reasonable process with input from various affected parties before it becomes a reality. Any decisions are more likely to be based on facts and reason than political whims. Second, it is a more permanent designation than the back-and-forth effect that comes from different administrations' use of the Antiquities Act. Shame on the Clinton and Obama administrations for starting us down this politically-based path that is based solely on one administration that happens to be in power at a given time.

birdsnest

From what I've seen once you have a National Park the land is over powered by all the people. One of the fortunate things about being old is that I have enjoyed many of the Wests parks before the shuttle busses, rules, and the shoulder to shoulder people. You want to take away the experience of a beautiful place? Make it a national park.

Status
Not open for further replies.