Never ever question the Master...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed

walleye.jpg ski.jpg lonerockmorning.jpg striper.jpg Saturday Feb 17 I left Lone Rock at 7:30 am 35 degrees with frost and ice on the ski. I had called Wayne on Friday and asked him what he thought about me going to end of Navajo he said Rock Creek or maybe Last Chance might be better so as I rounded the bend from Warm Creek I decided yes, I'm to take his advice and go to Last Chance. Headed to the end of Last Chance dropped a spoon at 70 feet and hooked up. Stripers were on! I fished for about 4 hours and caught stripers from 70 ft to 30 ft what a day! In all I filleted 35 stripers and one walleye thanks Wayne! Crazy thing was the gold 3/4 oz cotton cordel spoon out caught the silver spoon 10 to one. Ok 34 to 1. Water was 48 degreees when I left and got up to 53. By the way, I strongly believe that the new moon really effects the the success of catching I have been skunked several times right before and after a full moon And again, never ever question where Wayne tells you to go fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is going to accuse you of being a wimp. You must get mighty wet when the wind comes up. Great fishin..

Actually I don't really ever get wet, even when it gets windy and or choppy. I installed a splash guard on my bow and that really helps a lot . However, waterproof socks are a must for this time of year.

Great weather led to great fishing on the weekend with rising water temperatures. Now the wind is blowing hard and Wahweap Bay is white capping dramatically. Don't go near the water today. It should settle down by Wednesday but there will be freezing temperatures. Reed picked the best day to go fishing.

Last edited:
It was nice chatting with you in the cut. My wife and I felt pretty tough about the whole day until we seen you. Way to Slay ‘em !!

Reed,

1) Did you use your Lowrance graph? Looking at that photo it appears a number of schools are present, at least if I'm interpreting the screen correctly.

2) Where exactly were you? Way at the back of Last Chance Bay or up one of its many offshoots?

Thanks.

last chance.png
Reed,

1) Did you use your Lowrance graph? Looking at that photo it appears a number of schools are present, at least if I'm interpreting the screen correctly.

2) Where exactly were you? Way at the back of Last Chance Bay or up one of its many offshoots?

Thanks.

Yes, the graph was a huge help. Schools were in and out of sight all the time. However, I caught a few with very little showing up on the display. I started at the mouth of the last fork on the right and drifted for about two hours up that fork until I reached about 30 feet, then the catching stopped. I then went back to the mouth and fished the main arm starting at 70 feet and drifted to 30 feet at the end. By that time I was full of stripers and headed home. They were still there when I left and still hitting the gold spoon. Yes it was hard to leave while they were still hitting .

Croton Canyon from the looks of it!

View attachment 1685

Yes, the graph was a huge help. Schools were in and out of sight all the time. However, I caught a few with very little showing up on the display. I started at the mouth of the last fork on the right and drifted for about two hours up that fork until I reached about 30 feet, then the catching stopped. I then went back to the mouth and fished the main arm starting at 70 feet and drifted to 30 feet at the end. By that time I was full of stripers and headed home. They were still there when I left and still hitting the gold spoon. Yes it was hard to leave while they were still hitting .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back