Navionics Chip for Lake Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
I was asked this question but do not have great knowledge about Navionics Chips. I am sure some of you can provide an answer. Wayne

I purchased the NAVIONICS WEST CHIP FOR MY LOWRANCE UNIT. IT DOES NOT HAVE A LOT OF DETAIL FOR LAKE POWELL AND THOUGHT YOU MIGHT KNOW OF A MORE DETAILED CHIP SPECIFICALLY FOR LAKE POWELL? Thanks MIKE

My Lowrance seems to default to what came with the unit I thought my card was junk try and go into settings and pick Navionics as map source?

I have two Navionics chips - one in a Raymarine and one in a Humminbird, and it shows very good detail of LP, including buoys, marinas, satellite overlay, etc. so my guess is that you have to choose which map to use in your unit and it will find the detailed information.

With my Lowrance unit on, when I take out the Navionics card, I get a really basic map. Plug the card back in and my Navionics map pops right back up and has much greater detail. That would be my suggestion to see what map you’re unit is using. Bill

The satellite overlay is a new feature, picked it up on an update two weeks ago. kinda cool to see everything as red rock shoreline and different shades of water

I have a western lake chip in my hummingbird and it shows everything contour, buoys, color change in lake from shallow to deep areas does excellent with trolling motor settings set it and forget it! goes for miles when set right and batts. are fully charged.

I've had the satellite overlay using Navionics chip for 4 years now. Maybe what's new is something I'm not familiar with that is being called satellite overlay. My Navionics software has not been updated for a couple of years, and my Raymarine head unit firmware has no updates available - it's been the same for going on two years.

Could you post a picture of what you are seeing that's new? Maybe it's better/different than what I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back