My best surface lure for slurps

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
I am having a great hookup ratio in striper slurps with the Ima Skimmer (3/8 ounce. 4.5 inch) surface lure. Slurping stripers can be quite picky when it comes to which lures they will hit. I like the chartreuse shad color or ghost blueback which both work well. Make sure to get the smaller size for slurps and save the Ima Skimmer Grande for boils later on.rs.jpg

Was looking at the ima’s on tacklewarehouse last night. Definitely gonna try some out.

the 3/8oz is perfect. the bigger one kills my shoulder, lol... and since you get free shipping with $50 spent, add the clearest yo zuri! :) was gonna visit the store in cali, but the guide kept me on the cali delta too long...rest in peace, cooch...

i should be at the lake in 2 weeks, bringing a bunch of topwater lures you're welcome to try out! i also have a sammy, but it's heavy on my injured golf shoulder....but it catches 'em as well...here's a pic...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 11
skimmer got attacked by a snake this morning! snake grabbed it, i lifted it out of the water, hit the bank, snake came off! dont know if it was hooked or just hanging onto breakfast! it all happened in about 3 secs...

skimmer got attacked by a snake this morning! snake grabbed it, i lifted it out of the water, hit the bank, snake came off! dont know if it was hooked or just hanging onto breakfast! it all happened in about 3 secs...

Do you have a snake license? Snakes can be included in the COMBINATION License but just a fishing license does not allow you to catch snakes. (You are probably happy that the snake got off!)

Just Kidding!

i'll tell you what's worse...bank fishing, look down, and see the back half of a snake cuz the front half already went by! dang, you gotta be on the lookout! dont know what kind these are, and dont wanna find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back