May 9, 2018 - Sam Sherwood Bass

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
With only 75 min to fish Tue evening I ran up to the back of Navajo and found some stripers trolling in 20-25’ with an 8’ deep running crank and then spooned a few more before running out of light.
Early Wed I ran into the buoy 25 spot but no stripers to be found so on around to the Dove Canyon area again to chase some bass around with the Ned Rig. It was good but not as good as last week and this week they much preferred the shorter bait with light head as opposed to the opposite last week. They did however really like top water until about 10:30 when the cloud cover ended. While a medium Zara Spook was attacked with fury, I had to go to a popper TW bait to get them to eat it. Weird! I am liking the size of the smallmouth this Spring as the average length is about 14”. (As pictured)

I then spent a few hours up in Last Chance trolling but only had one striper to show for it. I did make one random cast in the middle of a bay and had a walleye decide he wanted to visit.samwoodsmb.jpgsamwoodwae.jpg

With only 75 min to fish Tue evening I ran up to the back of Navajo and found some stripers trolling in 20-25’ with an 8’ deep running crank and then spooned a few more before running out of light.
Early Wed I ran into the buoy 25 spot but no stripers to be found so on around to the Dove Canyon area again to chase some bass around with the Ned Rig. It was good but not as good as last week and this week they much preferred the shorter bait with light head as opposed to the opposite last week. They did however really like top water until about 10:30 when the cloud cover ended. While a medium Zara Spook was attacked with fury, I had to go to a popper TW bait to get them to eat it. Weird! I am liking the size of the smallmouth this Spring as the average length is about 14”. (As pictured)

I then spent a few hours up in Last Chance trolling but only had one striper to show for it. I did make one random cast in the middle of a bay and had a walleye decide he wanted to visit.View attachment 2364View attachment 2365

You got around for only having 75 minutes.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back