March 12-14, 2020 Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time /long timer ,
My friend and I made it to Bull Frog Thursday the 12 around 11;30 am, launched the bass boat at the slip ramp and delivered all our stuff to our other boat, we new it was supposed to rain Friday so we hurried and headed north to GH Bay. Fished the north east side with not much luck, went north to the Blue notch area and started catching fish, The bite was soft and hard to tell if you had one , once we figured that out and the depth from shore it was fish on ! still slow between fish but the size was nice ! 20 ' of water and you had to bounce off of the bottom , they would hit just as your line went slack , 1/4 oz jig head and Gary Yamamoto grubs.
9 small mouth 3 large mouth . the one large mouth we quested to be over 5 lbs. all the fish were fat . water temp was 53-54 deg. had to be on the sunny side of any little bay. Rained out on friday but still managed to catch a couple SM and LM off of rock piles south of halls . Saturday ran to the rincon , not one small mouth but caught 5 nice large mouth . It was nice to see all the large mouth bass. we turned them all back and kept the smallies .
Thanks Wayne for all you do !
Jeff Barnes

Attachments

• Lake Powell Big Bass 2020.jpg
    Lake Powell Big Bass 2020.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 207
  • another bass 2020.jpg
    another bass 2020.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Lake Powell Bass big mouth 2020.jpg
    Lake Powell Bass big mouth 2020.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 198
I was at Hall's and no talk of shutting down at all. Hope all remains well as nowhere safer and better to be. We did ok on stripers but nowhere near year's past success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back