Macadamia Nut Crusted Striper Filets

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigcanoe

This is the wife’s favorite!
I have had non-fish eaters ask for seconds. This is also really good with SMB and Walleye. What isn’t?
I usually make this on the HB with fresh caught filets from the day’s fishing adventure to keep the crew interested in fishing, and not skiing or tubing. It is also very good out of the freezer at home.

Ingredients:
Lake Powell Striper filets 1-2 per person
Chopped Macadamia Nuts
Italian Seasoning
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Rinse and dry whole Striper filet on a paper towel. You can remove the red strip if you like, I haven’t noticed any difference in flavor with it left on cooked this way.

Pour Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sized skillet pan about 1/4” deep on medium heat. The oil is hot enough to cook when it starts to swirl.

Chop macadamia nuts into 1/8-1/16” pieces.
Lightly sprinkle Italian Seasoning over filets and then sprinkle nuts on top. Turn over and repeat. I like to lightly press the nuts down into the filet so they don’t fall off when transferring into the pan.

Carefully lay the filet into the hot oil. I can usually fit two filets per pan. Watch the meat turn from clear to white halfway through and then gently flip over.

Remove from the pan when the filet will start to pull apart with a fork.
Read “Taste Testing” 😁.

Lay the cooked filet on a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Scoop out the nuts from the pan and sprinkle over the cooked filets. I hate to waste them, they are so good.

Serve with a light tartar sauce for dipping if desired, and couple with a nice coleslaw salad on the side. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back