Lunch at Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanewave

Having never been north of Twilight Canyon, this is the year to change that embarrassing fact. I plan to do a big day trip out of the south. I want to tie off my 23' Sea Ray and walk up for lunch at the Defiance House Lodge. I have called, resulting in no clarity or helpful answer. I'd rather not rent a daily slip for a 90 minute lunch visit. Is there a courtesy dock somewhere like at the Antelope Point restaurant, where I can tie off?

The only courtesy docks that I am aware of are at the launch ramp, and you can't tie there for 90 minutes.

Isn't there a small restaurant at Halls now? Something that serves burgers and dogs? (which wouldn't be much of a downgrade over what Defiance House serves). You could tie the boat up there.

If you went to the Bullfrog slips and spoke to one of the employees (not managers) they might let you tie up to an unrented slip for 90 minutes.

North Lake just really isn't set up to do what you are inquiring.

You might be ok to tie up at the dock by the store and houseboats. I don't think it would be too busy around lunch time. Mornings might be tougher for you, but we usually tie up there when we are loading the houseboat and haven't had any issues.

RYAN, the houseboat people that launch at BF sure don’t abide by the 90 minuet rule, as experienced this past week. No one on board and parked for hours at the 1 courtesy dock. Sq
I’ve seen NPS chase houseboats off the docks. Probably not as often as they should. Either way, I know we agree that it doesn’t make it right to park there for an extended period of time even if it isn’t enforced.

I’m curious where the “courtesy dock” for the restaurant is - the one mentioned in the other thread.

I’ve seen NPS chase houseboats off the docks. Probably not as often as they should. Either way, I know we agree that it doesn’t make it right to park there for an extended period of time even if it isn’t enforced.

I’m curious where the “courtesy dock” for the restaurant is - the one mentioned in the other thread.
Maybe it was the 2nd courtesy dock they removed a month ago from the Bullfrog ramp. Sq

I've had friends stop at the Dock N' Stock to ask about eating at Defiance House. They've always been allowed to tie-up there or in one of the Executive Services slips. They've even been given a ride up to the restaurant at times.

So, my recommendation is to stop and ask. Unless they're slammed, I think they'll help you out. Hopefully they won't make a liar out of me. :oops:

Oh, and I haven't partaken personally, but I hear that, once the season begins, there is food at Halls - and a really nice observation deck to eat on!

Thanks for all the helpful input. Now there are some great options to think about as I sweat out the month awaiting my trip to the lake. Sure do appreciate it, fellas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back