Lowest Boat Regisation Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jimmy

Well, here is is mid winter and dreaming of calm water and sunshine.
I always get a shout out when I have my boat inspected before putting in at any lake as to how LOW my CL number is.
CL54HY was back in the Jurassic period. I've had this ol' Lonestar for 35 years and is like an old friend.
I know most of you update your boats annually. lol But does anyone bow numbers go this low ???
Tight Lines !

Attachments

• 3092EF07-8D57-4531-B617-78E28675E049[126].JPG
    3092EF07-8D57-4531-B617-78E28675E049[126].JPG
    172 KB · Views: 101
The registration numbers come with the boat. That Lone Star is much older than 35 years old. I’d guess 1950’s?

Not sure when they changed to 4 numbers? Growing up, my folks had a 1974 Larson 1700 Shark. I still remember the boat numbers - CL 5074 BE. Saw the boat probably 10 years ago. But I’d be pleasantly surprised if someone was still using it today.

Back to your post. Does the Lone Star make it up to the Lake still?

My dad bought a 14-foot Lone Star back in 1960. It wasn't a very big 14-footer but it was seaworthy. It made several trips to Ontario as well as to the lakes in Missouri and Arkansas. I think Dad sold it in 1968 or 1969. I still remember the registration numbers, MO-8665-AA. Heck, I can't remember the numbers on my current boat! I'm not sure why I still remember them. Perhaps it is because in school I drew a lot of pictures depicting our family fishing experiences, and that boat was part of them; or, perhaps it is because Dad put the numbers on one side on backwards and had to peel them off.

Back in the mid-90s I was fishing a small lake near my parents' home in Missouri when I saw this old boat that looked a heck of a lot like that Lone Star. I motored up closer and immediately recognized it as our old boat as it had those same registration numbers. They were a bit faded but still quite visible. Its owner seemed very interested when I told him we had owned that boat and all the great fishing waters it had been. I'll bet someone back there is still using it. :)

Ed Gerdemann

Well, here is is mid winter and dreaming of calm water and sunshine.
I always get a shout out when I have my boat inspected before putting in at any lake as to how LOW my CL number is.
CL54HY was back in the Jurassic period. I've had this ol' Lonestar for 35 years and is like an old friend.
I know most of you update your boats annually. lol But does anyone bow numbers go this low ???
Tight Lines !
What a cool boat.

My first dedicated fishing boat was a Lone Star. It was old enough it didn’t have a hull ID number. The only markings on it were the “Lone Star” labeled oar locks.

no registration numbers on it when I bought it, and someone had painted it UPS brown.

I sold the two motors that came with it, restored the boat, painted it black, and used a 9.9 Honda on it.

That was the first boat that I flipped for profit, and started a cascade of purchases. Made more than enough on it to pay for its successor, a 14’ Lund.

9E412AD1-9991-4BEA-8244-6FD53E1114D1.jpegDB274B57-D054-4A5C-9FE1-D910008B3A3F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back