Looking for walleye and striper Oct 19-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott T

I am planning on spending some time in bullfrog this weekend. Is anyone willing to share fishing locations and techniques used to catch walleye and stripers this time of year? The more specific the better. Just starting to get acquainted with the lake and hot spots now that I have a boat. Thanks.

I am planning on spending some time in bullfrog this weekend. Is anyone willing to share fishing locations and techniques used to catch walleye and stripers this time of year? The more specific the better. Just starting to get acquainted with the lake and hot spots now that I have a boat. Thanks.

Here is the David Nellis report just posted, "As far as fishing out of Bullfrog We basically went to the main lake located the stripers along the steep walls. Seemed like the stripers would be throughout the water column then leave just a short time to round up the bait and heard them back to the cliff. We spent most of the time fishing between 30 and 50 ft we used a ¾ oz jig with a white grub (gulp). The jig seem to activate the stripers then had success with the anchovies we purchased at the boat storage on the way into bullfrog, sometimes with a little weight and sometimes they liked no weight. We never went more than a couple miles up or down lake. "

Sounds like he was catching his fish on Moki Wall. The picture posted on his report looks like the mouth of Moki Canyon on the right side going in. You can also catch stripers at night on bait around lights near the houseboat docks.

Walleye reports are not common. Looks like stripers on bait is the best course right now at Bullfrog.

It was a few weeks back, but we caught a few walleye in 15-25 FOW trolling deep diving shad crankbaits around Stanton and in Bullfrog bay....

We fished around moqui wall , and bullfrog west closer to the north shore, my 8 year old was catching them with a 1 oz. spoon jigging and casting. He had a great time.
Did not see the big schools on the fish finder, but he caught half a dozen that way.

We were planning to go from Halls Crossing the 17th to the 20th and will still go, but may not put the boat in until Thursday. We try to go once a month for a couple of days, we target primarily walleye using bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses. Most of the time that is an effective way to find stripers too. When you do find them the techniques Wayne and others suggests are what we do. As far as walleye, we like main lake shorelines this time of year from Moqui to GHB, and I imagine we'll go all the way to the mudline near the horn. Generally what we find this time of year is we find them deeper and deeper as the year goes on. We stay at the campground at Halls Crossing and if I can get service I'll try to send a report on how we've done.

w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back