Looking for information for the south end of lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickbow shooter

We have the grand kids coming Wed. Would like them to enjoy some striper and smallmouth fishing. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Steve and Gena

Steve - I think I remember that you are launching out of the south end of the lake. If so how far do you want to travel?

Striper slurps and bass fishing was best for me last week near the mouth of Dove (Neanderthal). Bait fishing is good in the shade of the steep cliff walls in Padre, Last Chance and Rock Creek.

Wayne, thanks for the information. We will only be fishing/sightseeing for one day. I looked on the lake powell map and couldn't find Neanderthal cove and/or Dove Canyon. Still trying to learn about this end of the lake!
Thanks again.

SS,
It's the unnamed cove just up stream from West Canyon on the same side of the main channel. You are right, most maps don't show a name but it is know by both you mentioned. Good Brush there now along the main channel and inside th cove...should fish real well. Chuck

I think the best thing to do is fish with bait in the southern lake. The slurps have dropped off dramatically in the last week. Bait fishing is still good. Navajo Canyon is still producing on the points just passed the double islands. The mouth of Navajo in the main channel has a school that moves around. You might find that one. Buoy 9, Intake, Buoy 3, Antelope canyon. Try 2 or 3 of these spots with bait and you should still find fish.

Smallmouth have moved into the brush along with shad but can also be found on the slick rock walls. I hope you find fish.

Steve, you can always go to the honey hole at MM 25. You & Gena let TR & myself bring a bunch of stripers to the last rally at Lone Rock. Thanks. Sq

I was at the south end last week. We found slurps in the main channel near Padre. We didn't have any luck fishing them. Found a boil at Anchovy Point that kept coming back up, yearling fish and funny no takers there either. Went to the dam and caught lots of fish, but most were in real bad shape. Fun to catch just not worth cleaning for the most part.

Steve, you can always go to the honey hole at MM 25. You & Gena let TR & myself bring a bunch of stripers to the last rally at Lone Rock. Thanks. Sq

Squirrel, we fished the honey hole last Friday without a single bite, we've have several suggestions as where to go just have to figure where.Was good hearing from you. STEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back