Little stripers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Many of the stripers we are now catching on the surface and on spoons are the one year old 9-12 inch fish. They are big enough to fillet and it makes my mouth water to have a batch of these tasty morsels ready to fry.

I did get one on Tuesday that was not quite that large. He was puny but probably not even 1-yr old yet. Here he is. I am always glad to catch a striper.
0.jpg

We found a boil and caught around 22 stripers in two hours. Big healthy stripers full of shad each had at least a dozen in their gut.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190912_201958.jpg
    MVIMG_20190912_201958.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 139
  • MVIMG_20190912_211927.jpg
    MVIMG_20190912_211927.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Many of the stripers we are now catching on the surface and on spoons are the one year old 9-12 inch fish. They are big enough to fillet and it makes my mouth water to have a batch of these tasty morsels ready to fry.

I did get one on Tuesday that was not quite that large. He was puny but probably not even 1-yr old yet. Here he is. I am always glad to catch a striper.
View attachment 6003
I saw a large school of those little guys where we parked our boat in Halls last weekend. At first I thought they were shad, but I am pretty sure they were little stripers...

For some real fun, get an ultra-light rig with some 2-4 lb. test and 1/16-1/8 oz. jigs with some small grubs or worms. Even the little ones are fun. P.S. You will learn real fast how to play a fish when a big one hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back