Little Salt Wash (found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Swinger

Little Salt Wash is my husband and he is on the lake. He texted yesterday at 1:20 and said he was in Scorpio canyon. I think he meant Skorup canyon. I know he said he was going north around Good Hope Bay. He did not check in last night or this morning. I have reported this to National Park Service. If anyone is going to the lake or knows and can contact someone there that could check on him and get back to me please call me 970-618-0598

Does anyone have any information about Dave Swinger? Is he out on the lake without communication or broken down or needs help?
If you have any information please let us know so we can get in contact with him

a great big thank you to everyone who helped after my wife reported me MIA. The NPS rangers came up in a patrol boat and saw me, came close, and hailed me. I was told my wife was worried cause I didn’t check in. I guess a 1:20 “ I’m in camp text“ technically doesn’t count as an “evening” text and I did space out the am check in cause I had never done an am text before. My fault. I saw the confusion and InreachEd Dave and I guess he passed on the word. My wife knew I was up there with Kevin. What could possibly go wrong?😁. Wayne and another gentleman showed up in the late afternoon and looked me up As I was fishing. It would have been better to meet Wayne at a “Big Fish Awards Banquet“ but this situation was more in character. My wife and I are grateful for all the kindness and help given and offered. Lisa said everyone was over the top. ( The Inreach devices are great! Just have to remember to use them) Fishing report to follow, Dave

a great big thank you to everyone who helped after my wife reported me MIA. The NPS rangers came up in a patrol boat and saw me, came close, and hailed me. I was told my wife was worried cause I didn’t check in. I guess a 1:20 “ I’m in camp text“ technically doesn’t count as an “evening” text and I did space out the am check in cause I had never done an am text before. My fault. I saw the confusion and InreachEd Dave and I guess he passed on the word. My wife knew I was up there with Kevin. What could possibly go wrong?😁. Wayne and another gentleman showed up in the late afternoon and looked me up As I was fishing. It would have been better to meet Wayne at a “Big Fish Awards Banquet“ but this situation was more in character. My wife and I are grateful for all the kindness and help given and offered. Lisa said everyone was over the top. ( The Inreach devices are great! Just have to remember to use them) Fishing report to follow, Dave
Big lesson to be learned here IMHO

that was the high light of my trip to be called Wayne! What an honor to be confused with Wayne G., Ryan Texted me that about your wifes post, I happened to be sitting at the mouth of Scourop with cell phone service and called her. You had already been contacted by NPS and she was happy to hear you were alive and well. We saw your that evening and had to stop and say hi and get a look at the boat of yours. Sorry it was not Wayne just me! We did get to meet Waynes replacement, Dan Keller was up netting Thursday and stopped to say hi.......

Last edited:
Dressed like you were I thought you were Wayne. I know that Lisa called him personally to express worry. Thanks for stopping by and checking in and with taking the initiative and calling my wife. My wife’s last post Sat. Night, “ Everyone I talked to was so nice. It’ a good group of folks!” I agree and a big shout out to NPS for boating all the way up to Scorup. Hope you had a successful trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back