launching at Bullfrog ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's anybody's guess at this point. The lake begins to rise with runoff in the late Spring. I'm not sure it would rise fast enough to have the main ramp operational by April (just my two cents). However, the Executive Services ramp is still operational today. I'm guessing that they're still able to lanch/retrieve houseboats. Maybe one of our geographically-proximate members can chime in? @Docker @TightLine

I just talked to Chris at Offshore Marine and they are still currently launching and receiving houseboats with the low water level. Last years data shows the run-off starting around May 1st. It's anyone's guess where the water level will be in April.
We here in Hanksville reached 50 degrees today and it is melting a lot of snow. It is now officially mud season but the melting may slow the lake drop and save your trip.

we are going to Bullfrog in April. Can our houseboat be launched at Bullfrog by then?
Thanks
Hermine Tippel
Oma's Haven

You should be able to launch on the North Ramp by the Executive Services Marina. Its still open and by all indications will be open unless something crazy happens. I launched from there today. The State still have the ferry Ramp/Wedge there but its to the side of the launch ramp. Be prepared to have some patience. If the main ramp doesn't open it will be congested launching.

There was a little confusion to what ramp it was, so here is the Google Map link to the Ramp. You can zoom out to get perspective of which ramp we are talking about. Hope this helps.
Google Maps Link to North / Exec Services Ramp.

We are launching and retrieving houseboats from the Exec ramp now. It will be fine until May when EVERYONE has to launch from the Exec ramp. Hopefully it won't be too long into May before we start seeing a rise again and can launch from the Main Ramp again.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for removing the coffer dam before the lake starts to come up at the main Bullfrog launch ramp? Sq

Does anyone know if there are any plans for removing the coffer dam before the lake starts to come up at the main Bullfrog launch ramp? Sq

Plans I think are in the works, but I also have wait and see approach. Plus if it keeps raining, who knows how fast the lake will come up. I hope the rain keeps coming. Two weeks ago when I launched it was already forshadowing a mess with just two houseboats coming out and me trying to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back