Launch at hite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Ron

couple of months ago i launched out of hite ,no prob. Is it still possible? Do they still have the temp dock out?

They were launching out of Hite over Thanksgiving weekend, so you should be good to go. Some have claimed that you can launch at elevations of 3615(10' lower than today), but I haven't tried it at those elevations. We have a 16' trailered StarCraft, and usually launch at Farley at 3600'+

We have a 16' trailered StarCraft, and usually launch at Farley at 3600'+

Really? How wide is your trailer and boat? You make it past the rock pretty easily? Id like more details on that and everything about your launches at Farley at that level... if you dont mind of course ha.

This was the primitive boat launch at Hite on the Friday after Thanksgiving. That’s a 25’ boat. The water out in the channel from the boat ramp is 14 feet deep. The courtesy dock is in the water. The store was closed both times I drove past it in the early afternoons but someone was pumping gas so maybe the credit card option is working even if the store is closed?

Attachments

• 62975A71-FCEC-411A-9E83-BB30F969AD05.jpeg
    62975A71-FCEC-411A-9E83-BB30F969AD05.jpeg
    700.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Like seeing that, a much larger truck/camper launching a larger boat. I've been wanting to try the north end for years and this is giving me the confidence to make the longer drive next year, if the water level permits.

Gem, now that look's like a night fishing boat, heat and all, I would still be down there, if I had that set up. And how did you do, on your trip?

This was the primitive boat launch at Hite on the Friday after Thanksgiving. That’s a 25’ boat. The water out in the channel from the boat ramp is 14 feet deep. The courtesy dock is in the water. The store was closed both times I dove past it in the early afternoons but someone was pumping gas so maybe the credit card option is working even if the store is closed?
Thank you....how was the fishing?

Well that’s not my boat, and the guy that I went with bless his heart does not like to night fish. So I don’t know? On these late fall nights when the sun goes down so early I love to go out night fishing but it wasn’t in the cards.

We got 15 to 20 stripers trolling all kinds of stuff. Three walleye casting to the bank and one crappie trolling as well.

So the fishing was slow but the weather was absolutely phenomenal, the most pleasant weather we’ve ever had fishing over the Thanksgiving weekend for the past 10 years

This was the primitive boat launch at Hite on the Friday after Thanksgiving. That’s a 25’ boat. The water out in the channel from the boat ramp is 14 feet deep. The courtesy dock is in the water. The store was closed both times I drove past it in the early afternoons but someone was pumping gas so maybe the credit card option is working even if the store is closed?
Yes, you can get gas when the store is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back