Last Chance, March 18, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursniper

Went to the back of Last Chance and caught 5 fish consisting of 2 largemouth, 2 crappie, and 1 striper. Water temp was 56*F and all the fish were shallow and caught within 10 feet deep. I took 2 people with me sight seeing and they did not fish. The 5 fish were caught in 4 hours by 1 angler. All the fish were caught with the same lure which was a 1/8 ounce jig with a 3 inch single tail grub that was smoke color with silver flakes. It was a beautiful day, the fish were biting, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Only saw 2 boats on the lake between Last Chance and Antelope Point Marina. Here are some pics.

Gary and Jackie posing with a largemouth I caught. They came along to go sight seeing. After experiencing how today went, they are not going to be spectators anymore. They said that they are getting setup to go fishing next time.

Both crappie were this size.

A positive thing about the water level being so low is that now is the time to locate fish habitat structure that will be underwater when the lake level rises. We found some potential crappie hot spots on this trip where we never knew 30 foot tall trees existed underwater. Those trees are now partially exposed so their locations could be recorded for future fishing locations. Submerged vegetation is limited in Lake Powell and if you find a bunch, it is a magnet for largemouth and crappie.

Good luck and good fishing everyone.

Last edited:
Went to the back of Last Chance and caught 5 fish consisting of 2 largemouth, 2 crappie, and 1 striper. Water temp was 56*F and all the fish were shallow and caught within 10 feet deep. I took 2 people with me sight seeing and they did not fish. The 5 fish were caught in 4 hours by 1 angler. All the fish were caught with the same lure which was a 1/8 ounce jig with a 3 inch single tail grub that was smoke color with silver flakes. It was a beautiful day, the fish were biting, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Only saw 2 boats on the lake between Last Chance and Antelope Point Marina. Here are some pics.

Gary and Jackie posing with a largemouth I caught. They came along to go sight seeing. After experiencing how today went, they are not going to be spectators anymore. They said that they are getting setup to go fishing next time.

Both crappie were this size.

How great to get some new people enthused. Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back