Last chance bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Nelson

I'm planning a trip to lcb next week and was wondering if anyone has recently fished there. I'm new to the site any info would be appreciated thanks

I fished there last week for smallmouth bass. I didn't do very well in Last Chance proper but did extremely well just below the mouth (see Southern Bass report below). With the weather change, however, this could all change. You'll have to let the fish tell you.

Ed Gerdemann

I'm planning a trip to lcb next week and was wondering if anyone has recently fished there. I'm new to the site any info would be appreciated thanks

You will do well for smallmouth bass all over the southern lake but stripers have been a bit tough except on bait at the time and place of their own choosing. Fishing is improving with cooling temperatures. You could see boils randomly but the best place to find stripers is in the back of main Rock Creek, Middle Rock, Face Canyon, Labyrinth Wall (buoy 18 south shoreline), and even the Warm Creek side of the Castle Rock Cut = all on bait.

I fished there last week for smallmouth bass. I didn't do very well in Last Chance proper but did extremely well just below the mouth (see Southern Bass report below). With the weather change, however, this could all change. You'll have to let the fish tell you.

Ed Gerdemann
Thanks for the info I'm gonna do my best I'll post my results

You will do well for smallmouth bass all over the southern lake but stripers have been a bit tough except on bait at the time and place of their own choosing. Fishing is improving with cooling temperatures. You could see boils randomly but the best place to find stripers is in the back of main Rock Creek, Middle Rock, Face Canyon, Labyrinth Wall (buoy 18 south shoreline), and even the Warm Creek side of the Castle Rock Cut = all on bait.
Thanks for the info wayne I've been following all your tips for 3 years now and it's made lake powell my favorite fishing spot I have no problem making the 6 hr drive. Thanks again

We did well in LCB 2 weeks ago , left side when you enter , first points and then go down the left side and fish the boulders and rocks . The slick rocks did not seem to produce skip em and move on , my buddy caught a lot of dinks on jerk baits he doesn't have the patience for finesses fishing , I worked drop shot, ned rig and jigs on the bottom and caught better fish 1 .5 to 2.0 + smallies, Skip the flat slip rocks and work the main lake points , boulders and rock rubbles all the way to the cliff walls and past .

We did well in LCB 2 weeks ago , left side when you enter , first points and then go down the left side and fish the boulders and rocks . The slick rocks did not seem to produce skip em and move on , my buddy caught a lot of dinks on jerk baits he doesn't have the patience for finesses fishing , I worked drop shot, ned rig and jigs on the bottom and caught better fish 1 .5 to 2.0 + smallies, Skip the flat slip rocks and work the main lake points , boulders and rock rubbles all the way to the cliff walls and past .

I am glad you did well and thanks so much for submitting your report. It helps everyone on the site.

Thanks for the info I'll be out there Thursday till Sunday this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back