Last Chance and the Dam: May 14, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursniper

Launched at State Line Ramp around 7am and went to Last Chance. The back of Last Chance was very turbid with water visibility being 2-3 feet. Water temp was 72*F. Caught 1 crappie and 1 striper in about 4 hours. I was fishing in water that was too hot and too turbid, but I was reluctant to leave my favorite honey hole until I was convinced the hard way.

The main stem of Last Chance was more turbid than the side canyons. The better fishing in Last Chance was in the clearer and much cooler water. Stopped to fish again at the mouth of Last Chance near the main channel. Smallmouth were cooperative on every rock pile. Water visibility was 30 feet and water temp was 66*F. The wind picked up around 3pm so I headed back to Wahweap.

Stopped along the way to clean the fish and arrived at the dam around 5pm. Tried striper fishing at the dam along the west wall near the buoy barricade. The sonar was going crazy displaying fish traces from 10 to 25 feet deep. Caught 7 stripers in little over an hour. All of the stripers were about 3 pounds and in good condition. The striper fishing was so good at the dam, it was possible to muti task. Hit spot lock to anchor the boat, put a pole in the rod holder, set up the cutting board, and catch stripers as fast as they can be fileted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back