Lakemaster Chip Elevation Adjustment???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyRamsey7

Hello WW Members,

Looking for any help, does anyone know at what lake elevation the LakeMaster Humminbird map for Lake Powell was generated? It looks like full pool is 3700 and at the current water elevation of 3570 I'm assuming I can adjust my chart 130' and be somewhat accurate. When I arrive to the lake I'll adjust the chart to match the depth finder but for now I'm researching from home...any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've checked the Humminbird site but they don't include the data for the elevation at "0".

Thanks in advance!

if you go into "advanced settings" on your Humminbird fishfinder one of the options is "lake level offset" You would adjust it to -130' and you should be in the ballpark on your graph. Sq

lake level adjustment for fluctuating bodies of water is only possible with the more advanced sonar units. I bought the lakemaster for just this purpose but owned a c.i. model HB and found that even with software upgrades the unit would not support the elevation feature. Wish I'd known that before. What unit are you using the lakemaster in. BTW I certainly am no expert on this subject but fought it till I I called HB and found out it wouldn't work with the c.i.. Very frustrating.

lake level adjustment for fluctuating bodies of water is only possible with the more advanced sonar units. I bought the lakemaster for just this purpose but owned a c.i. model HB and found that even with software upgrades the unit would not support the elevation feature. Wish I'd known that before. What unit are you using the lakemaster in. BTW I certainly am no expert on this subject but fought it till I I called HB and found out it wouldn't work with the c.i.. Very frustrating.
I have the 1199 ci HD, the adjustment feature works on my unit. It allows for 200 ft (-) and 30 ft (+) adjustment. I also have a 798 ci HD but it only allows for a 30 ft (-)

I believe mine was a 788 and yes it would do 30'. Sorry I'm vague but I gave it to my son in law a couple years ago.

Once you set the offset, compare the depth of the sonar with the depth contour on the map and fine tune from there. So far mine has been within 2ft and my transducer is close to that below the surface.

if you go into "advanced settings" on your Humminbird fishfinder one of the options is "lake level offset" You would adjust it to -130' and you should be in the ballpark on your graph. Sq
Thanks squirrel, I know where to make the adjustment just trying to find what Humminbird used as ground zero for an elevation when they made the map

I use a Navionics + chip in my Humminbird and Raymarine units. I posted a few years ago that the 'full pool' depth used in the Navionics chip was an elevation of 3603.xx and it offers 1' depth increments on LP.

I understand your question was on the Lakemaster chip, just thought I'd mention an alternative chip option for consideration.

Last edited:
Hello WW Members,

Looking for any help, does anyone know at what lake elevation the LakeMaster Humminbird map for Lake Powell was generated? It looks like full pool is 3700 and at the current water elevation of 3570 I'm assuming I can adjust my chart 130' and be somewhat accurate. When I arrive to the lake I'll adjust the chart to match the depth finder but for now I'm researching from home...any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've checked the Humminbird site but they don't include the data for the elevation at "0".

Thanks in advance!
Ramsey, I called Humminbird and asked them this same question last year. Their reponse was, that unless otherwise specified, all mapping is based on full pool elevation.

I have the 1199 ci HD, the adjustment feature works on my unit. It allows for 200 ft (-) and 30 ft (+) adjustment. I also have a 798 ci HD but it only allows for a 30 ft (-)
I just received an email from Humminbird re: my 798 ci HD si. I'm having the same issue with the +- 30' This is what they said: Sq
Humminbird Service
4:45 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Yes, you should be able to adjust the Water Level Offset from a -200 to a 30+, if using the LakeMaster, I would suggest that you make sure that you have the most current software version on the unit.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free to email us again or contact our Technical Support Department at 1-800-633-1468.

Good Boating and Fishing!

Denise Mitchell

Here is what I got from Humminbird today re: software updates for the 798 ci HD si
Thank you for contacting Humminbird Customer Service. You can find all of the current software for our units on or website, https://www.humminbird.com/ You would highlight the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and click on Software Updates. You will then select your specific models and download their latest software files to your computer and transfer them to an SD card. The card needs to be 32GB or less.
To check your current software version you will need to find the System Status screen on your units. That screen is hidden by default. You will need to go to your main menu and select the VIEWS tab. You will arrow down that column until you see either Self Test or System Status and change that option from HIDDEN to VISIBLE. Once that is done, exit button out to clear the menu from the screen and then start pressing the VIEW button and cycle through your different views until you get to the SYSTEM STATUS screen.
Hope this works for the lake level adjustment. Sq

I updated a 10 and a 7 and it was pretty painless even though I am techno challenged. The 7’s adjustment works already the 10 hasn’t seen the water yet although I have already set it at 3572 and have flown to Lake Powell in simulation mode exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back