Lake Powell Satellite Timelapse: 1984-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjsimon

I'm not exactly as new as my account says I am. I had an old account years ago before selling my previous boat. We're boat people again and I came back, but couldn't use my old account, so I created a new one. Anyway...

Not sure if this has been posted before, but Google has a cool timelapse tool where you can view satellite imagery over time. Pretty cool to look at Lake Powell's hearbeat as it expands and contracts.

You can move around the map and zoom into a specific area as well.

That brings back memories from earlier times, interesting. I am glad I have photos of the lake when it was like that and when it set the high water marks.

WaterDog19

I'm not exactly as new as my account says I am. I had an old account years ago before selling my previous boat. We're boat people again and I came back, but couldn't use my old account, so I created a new one. Anyway...

Not sure if this has been posted before, but Google has a cool timelapse tool where you can view satellite imagery over time. Pretty cool to look at Lake Powell's hearbeat as it expands and contracts.

You can move around the map and zoom into a specific area as well.

Thanks for coming back to the new site. It works better and is much easier to use than the old one. Welcome once more!

Excellent post and welcome back.

It’s amazing to zoom in on Castle Rock Cut and see the extreme contrast between 1984 and 2018.

Hoping for another great snow year in 2020 and beyond so LP can again prove it’s worth as a water ‘savings account’ for lower basin states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back