Lake Powell Adventures (Ticaboo/Hite) Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this change! Exciting times for the Hite area.

But, one has to ask. The facilities at Hite are lacking any kind of lodging for their customers.

I believe most of the employee housing has been pulled out of there and taken down lake. I do understand that the true "adventurist" will just tent camp but most people would prefer a motel/shower and the nearest one is in Ticaboo which is about 60 miles away from the Hite turn off. Seems like a pretty big hurdle to start with. Build it, they will come but where will they stay?

Last edited:
Over the past few years, we've seen a dramatic increase in the number of RV's "camped" along the sides of the highway between Natural Bridges and the lake. I suspect that they will try and draw these folks down to the store with some additional amenities, activities, or facilities. We typically camp/fish out of Farley, but seldom visit the Hite store because it is so frequently closed when we get there. A more regular schedule would be nice for a change. It was my understanding that ATV's were still not allowed inside the GCRA(they were looking at opening certain areas), has that changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back