Lake Mead Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lund20

While Lake Powell is my dream fishing hole, my son will be working around Lake Mead in coming months installing rain gauges and flood warning systems (though I'm not
sure
exactly where yet). I'm hoping to give him tips on fishing from shore and to save time searching if I can visit him with the boat. Is there an equivalent to Wayne's Words available or can any Wordling's give pointers on fishing that southern pond. Stripers are primary target with other species secondary.

Thanks - Craig (Denver)

If he could get a cheesy (read cheap) boat of any kind, he can easily row to the tires at Callville and night fish. It has been very productive for me although I have only done it three or four times. He would have to buy a battery operated nav light set-up for peanuts. I guess he would have to have a pick-up to put the boat in.

While Lake Powell is my dream fishing hole, my son will be working around Lake Mead in coming months installing rain gauges and flood warning systems (though I'm not
sure
exactly where yet). I'm hoping to give him tips on fishing from shore and to save time searching if I can visit him with the boat. Is there an equivalent to Wayne's Words available or can any Wordling's give pointers on fishing that southern pond. Stripers are primary target with other species secondary.

Thanks - Craig (Denver)

I don't know of anyone that gives out real fishing info similar to WW. We do have some WW members that fish Mead that will be willing to help as Birdsnest has already done. Expect more help.

sure

Thanks - Craig (Denver)

Have you checked out big fish tackle forum? The Nevada board is not as active as Utah, but they have some good advice for the lake, even if it's not the most recent.

It's no equivalent to WW

I was pretty sure that there wasn't a Lake Mead version of WW, I doubt there's one for anywhere else in the country (Thanks Wayne!)

sure

Thanks - Craig (Denver)

I have been watching this site for years.

I tend to post only on information for the other side of the dam.

Big fish tackle - Nevada has lots of information but is not as active as WW.
Also check out the Nevada Striper Club Facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:
No such Colorado river lake other than Powell has such a dedicated resource. Las Vegas Fishing Club is a closed Facebook group one could request to join. Plenty of Mead anglers there. As far as fishing mead is concerned, most people do it with anchovies. The coves and banks are big and steep so adventuring around the banks in search of fish can be time consuming and exhausting.

Talking to one of my fishing buddies from way east Colorado about this exact topic. We just can't seem to get enough. If I want to get get him mad I say he's from Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back