Lake level/navigation app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
What is the app you can download to a phone or iPad and use without internet? I know it’s been discussed before just am serious now about obtaining it etc. Thanks!

Preston

Lake Powell GPS Maps provides a complete mapping at several levels. I haven't used them. Just passing along what I think is the answer to your question. :) http://www.lakepowellgpsmaps.com/

Also, the Navionics is touted as a real winner for the right use case. It's full of useful features and data. It's overkill for me.

I still really like the LakePowellApp for general purpose navigation. It downloads completely to your device. However, it does not do lake levels.

Hope one of those is what you're looking for...

-Bart

iPhone (or Android) app from Navionics+ works very well. And doesn’t require the phone to be in range of cell towers because it uses the phones onboard GPS

iPhone (or Android) app from Navionics+ works very well. And doesn’t require the phone to be in range of cell towers because it uses the phones onboard GPS

Yep, only "if" you download the map first. The map file is pretty big, so best to download with a good wifi connection. Select Menu / Download Map, select the area you want to download, click download. You should now be all set...

Edit: Clarification in regards to Chris's post:​
I have the Navionics "Boating USA" map on my cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 with 64GB microSD card.) When you install the app, it does NOT download the entire detailed map for the USA, just base level maps. For the detailed maps, the largest area of the country you can select is about the size of Arizona. Go to Menu/Download Maps, then use the cropping tool to select the area of the USA you want to download (Lake Powell for example.)​
While you are there, also select Menu / Update All to ensure you have the latest software and maps.​
Chris, are you using "Boating USA" for cellphones, "Boating HD" for tablets, or other?​

Last edited:
Yep, only "if" you download the map first. The map file is pretty big, so best to download with a good wifi connection. Select Menu / Download Map, select the area you want to download, click download. You should now be all set...

When you download the Navionics app, the maps come with it. So you’re right, once you download at home the maps are accessible from that point on, regardless of whether you’re on-net or not!

It uses the phones GPS, which works anywhere on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back