Lake Insight HD v16

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlNorske

I am looking at upgrading my mapping software and would like to know if anyone is currently using the Lake Insight HD at Lake Powell. If so, is it accurate at current lake levels? Is there a better option that is compatible with Lowrance Gen 2? Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
I have the Navionics Map and I really like it. The depth offset is adjustable on my fish finder (Humminbird) so it doesn't matter what the lake level is so long as I know it when I launch.

I need some help to find what lakes are available:

- maybe I'm looking at the wrong page, but when I look at the Navionics Page for West regions, there is no lake list.. just 2700+ lakes - but no list.

https://navionics-store.com/collections/navionics/products/navionics-regions-west

If I go to the Navionics All US and Canada - the map I prefer as we boat all over the USA including salt water...there is a Lake List but Lake Powell isn't on that list..

https://navionics-store.com/collections/navionics/products/navionics-all-us-and-canada

Where's the Navionics list with Powell?

Humminbird's Lake Master Plus has a list with more lakes I would fish, but I would prefer a ALL USA map vs buying regional areas.

..no decisions yet on which one to buy.

Erik

Erik, if you look at the "Navionics +" section, you can actually choose on the screen what areas you want to download to your card for your chartplotter. You can zoom in on that page and see the detail provided for Lake Powell. I don't know why the lake isn't showing up elsewhere on their website (I didn't look myself). The Navionics chart was done at 3603, and is adjustable via your unit by the foot (plotter dependent I think).

Erik, if you look at the "Navionics +" section, you can actually choose on the screen what areas you want to download to your card for your chartplotter. You can zoom in on that page and see the detail provided for Lake Powell. I don't know why the lake isn't showing up elsewhere on their website (I didn't look myself). The Navionics chart was done at 3603, and is adjustable via your unit by the foot (plotter dependent I think).

Thanks - that helped a lot.

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back