kayak fishing camping near waheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

slai50

Thinking of doing a 4 day 3 night kayaking fishing camping trip and would like to launch from Waheap marina. We will only be traveling with kayaks, no houseboats or speedboats. Any suggestions for good fishing or camping spots that's not too far from Waheap? Thanks.

ice cream, the other side of the cut in warm creek or around lone rock. There are some places northeast of the stateline boat rental docks also. I wouldn't put in at the wahweap ramp, I would put in at stateline and head across the bay, not a kayaker ,but know to watch the wind forecasts. I have plucked exhausted kayakers from the lake, not pretty!

ice cream, the other side of the cut in warm creek or around lone rock. There are some places northeast of the stateline boat rental docks also. I wouldn't put in at the wahweap ramp, I would put in at stateline and head across the bay, not a kayaker ,but know to watch the wind forecasts. I have plucked exhausted kayakers from the lake, not pretty!
They were closing Stateline when we pulled out Saturday.

Is your plan to paddle a pre-planned route and camp along the way or do you plan to have a base camp and explore/fish different directions from camp each day? I have wanted to kayak at Lake Powell ever since I started kayaking but I haven't made the trip happen yet. Please post an update after you finish your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back