Just curious -Ramp elevations

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubatim

Just curious - at what elevations do the cement launch ramps at the main marinas become unusable/dry?? In 2005 the lowest level since filling was 3555. Which ramps were still usable?? Are there gravel extensions below that??

Brought this up again - Any info Wayne???
Looks like now it will happen in early March instead of February. I will be working on the details this month and then make the big changes in March.

Here is some data to look at while waiting for the launch ramp page to appear.

Halls Crossing Minimum safe launching elevation 3550

Hite Minimum safe launching elevation 3611

Bullfrog Main Minimum Safe Launching Elevation 3570 ? (Need to update)

Wahweap Main Minimum safe Launching Water level 3558

Stateline Minimum safe Launching Water level 3558

Yikes - March is almost here. I will try to focus on this. Lake elevation today is 3573. The only open south launch ramps are Wahweap Main, Stateline (Closed but not due to low water) and Antelope Executive ramp.

Halls Crossing ramp is open.

Bullfrog main is shut down due to low water. Launching only at Bullfrog Executive ramp.

Will try to provide launching minimum elevation details soon.

Any news on when Stateline reopens?
I just contacted Mark at NPS, they don’t have a date set for Stateline reopen and he also mentioned it may be dependent on water level. I assume that means lake level is at or near the end of the paved ramp right now, something we haven’t seen for several years. They are sending everyone to Wahweap for now.

Crossing fingers for lots of spring runoff!

Also note, the South Entrance to Wahweap is closed through March 15 due to construction project on Lakeshore Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back