July 4 Solo Regatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanewave

Had a fabulous trip July 3-7. After arriving to Page at 2:30 a.m. from SoCal (2 trailer tire blowouts and an Excursion tire made us 4 hours later), and since my crew was small, we decided to take a big day trip on July 4. We left Wahweap at 4:30 a.m. and headed uplake all the way to Hall's, then turned southward back to Wahweap. Was a big 12 hour trip, replete with great float time, along with a great burger at Hall's. Got me to wondering, how many Wordlings have made a longer pleasure round trip in a single day? I probably tripled my personal longest day trip...

I have a friend that along with his friend blitzed from Wahweap to Hite and back in a day on two PWC just to see if they could do it. With a few gas cans strapped to the jet skis and an O'Dark-Thirty departure from Wahweap it can be done. Very fast time can be made in the earliest of AMs with the calm water before the chop forces you slower.

Goblin

That really takes the cake. In my younger years, I would have been game for that run. Smooth running on calm water always makes boating a lot more enjoyable, for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back