Jet Ski Floater

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanewave

Interesting experience yesterday. My brother and I were headed from Wahweap to Moqui and back for a monster day trip. We left at 4:40 a.m. Somewhere just south of the entrance to Padre Bay, I saw what appeared to be a jet ski off in the distance. We circled back to investigate and discovered an unattended ski, with a CF registration, hundreds of yards upwind (though in a very slight breeze) from a row of 4 houseboats. I hopped on, found the key in the glove box, and fired it up. The first boat was totally asleep, and the second boat was the famous Trash Tracker. I explained the situation to a surprised group of ace volunteers and tied off the craft to one of their ropes. They graciously volunteered to radio in the ski for a pickup. Anyways, I felt bad for the poor person who forgot to properly secure the ski during rising lake levels. I thought about leaving it right where it was, but thought better of that idea, as the next discoverer of the ski might be someone a bit less responsible. Anyway, I sure hope the owners reconnected quickly with their craft. And now, the TT may need to be renamed the JST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back