Is the restaurant at Defiance House Lodge Open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Anasazi Restaurant at the Defiance House is open from 5-8 for dinner right now and it opens for breakfast and lunch on the 23rd.

The restaurant at Ticaboo is still closed. They are hoping for mid-April. You can always grab a sandwich or some pizza across the street at Offshore. They have limited selection, but they do stay open all year.

Defiance House Restaurant at Bullfrog is currently open evenings from 5:00 to 8:00 for dinner only. They will open all day starting March 23.

Pretty sure the deli at Offshore closes at 5:00 this time of year.

I was just there and they were closing the Grill at 6pm. As noted above, Anasazi Restaurant at Defiance House is open for dinner from 5-8pm.

Last edited:
I thought the last existing contract called for Aramark to have the lodge open for all meals. Oh my bad, they don't have a contract and do as they please in OUR park

The restaurant at Ticaboo is still closed. They are hoping for mid-April. You can always grab a sandwich or some pizza across the street at Offshore. They have limited selection, but they do stay open all year.

Defiance House Restaurant at Bullfrog is currently open evenings from 5:00 to 8:00 for dinner only. They will open all day starting March 23.

I hope Ticaboo gets a good cook in this year. Two years ago the food was fantastic! You had to wait a bit but it was worth the wait. Last year was very disappointing.

I thought the last existing contract called for Aramark to have the lodge open for all meals. Oh my bad, they don't have a contract and do as they please in OUR park

Steve,

This contract thing has come up before....do you know where a copy would live? It would be interesting to read the actual contract, even though they evidently don't follow the government rules on bidding.

Thanks.

TR

I have no idea what the contract says, and I read somewhere on here that it expired in 2007 anyway.

But I don't know how they could be expected to keep the restaurant open year round. Maybe it would make sense from April - October. But I have stayed in Defiance House in the off season when there was maybe one or two other rooms occupied. How do you staff for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back