Is the restaurant at Defiance House Lodge Open?

Discussion in 'Lake Powell Recreation' started by DreamWeaver, Mar 13, 2017.

1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

If not is the one at Ticaboo open?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Squirrel

Squirrel Well-Known Member

Call 1-844-662-2628 for Ticaboo info. or 1-435-684-3000 for Bullfrog info. Sq

3. Docker

Docker Well-Known Member

The Anasazi Restaurant at the Defiance House is open from 5-8 for dinner right now and it opens for breakfast and lunch on the 23rd.

BartsPlace likes this.
  4. Endurance

Endurance Well-Known Member

The restaurant at Ticaboo is still closed. They are hoping for mid-April. You can always grab a sandwich or some pizza across the street at Offshore. They have limited selection, but they do stay open all year.

Defiance House Restaurant at Bullfrog is currently open evenings from 5:00 to 8:00 for dinner only. They will open all day starting March 23.

BartsPlace likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the deli at Offshore closes at 5:00 this time of year.

6. capt.catfish

capt.catfish Well-Known Member

I was just there and they were closing the Grill at 6pm. As noted above, Anasazi Restaurant at Defiance House is open for dinner from 5-8pm.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Ryan likes this.
  7. Steve Moore

Steve Moore Well-Known Member

I thought the last existing contract called for Aramark to have the lodge open for all meals. Oh my bad, they don't have a contract and do as they please in OUR park

Dungee Fishing likes this.
  8. Slots-R-Us

Slots-R-Us Member

I hope Ticaboo gets a good cook in this year. Two years ago the food was fantastic! You had to wait a bit but it was worth the wait. Last year was very disappointing.

9. TR.

TR. Well-Known Member

Steve,

This contract thing has come up before....do you know where a copy would live? It would be interesting to read the actual contract, even though they evidently don't follow the government rules on bidding.

Thanks.

TR

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the contract says, and I read somewhere on here that it expired in 2007 anyway.

But I don't know how they could be expected to keep the restaurant open year round. Maybe it would make sense from April - October. But I have stayed in Defiance House in the off season when there was maybe one or two other rooms occupied. How do you staff for that?

11. Waterbaby

Waterbaby Administrator Staff Member

Didn't we find out no one else bid on the contract the last time it came for bid.

Bill Sampson likes this.