Intersting Article on Old Navajo Healing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbaby

Staff member
Interesting article. The comments to the article are disgusting. I have a lot of respect for the Navajo and their rituals. Seems today as a hundred years ago Easterners - notsomuch.

birdsnest

Having been somewhat immersed in the Navajo culture with a Navajo girlfriend for years in Page, I saw nothing to indicate to me that their culture is any more immune than the whites culture to a close and sincere examine which showed me that all the witchcraft, jealousies, deceit and human condition put the Navajo's life a lot closer to ours (I'm White) than expected. Our rituals are as legitimate as theirs. Nothing personal WB.

Waterbaby

Staff member
Having been somewhat immersed in the Navajo culture with a Navajo girlfriend for years in Page, I saw nothing to indicate to me that their culture is any more immune than the whites culture to a close and sincere examine which showed me that all the witchcraft, jealousies, deceit and human condition put the Navajo's life a lot closer to ours (I'm White) than expected. Our rituals are as legitimate as theirs. Nothing personal WB.

Not sure what you took from my post. I was referring to the comments about the Navajo in the Daily Mail comments section where they were mocking them and making cracks comparing them to freaky Halloween costumes. I found it very rude to mock their cultural rituals, I was not criticizing the Navajo or comparing their rituals to our own.

birdsnest

Totally misunderstood your meaning. Yei bi chei is alive and well. No one should belittle or diminish. I respect your positions and still do. Just kinda hit me wrong cause I didn't take the time to look at the article, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.