Iceberg Canyon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viking842000

Anybody have any experience in Iceberg ? Looks like a decent canyon thinking about spending some time in there. We are chasing stripers this week from Halls but been slow. Thanks

If I were you, I would skip Iceberg and head to Good Hope. The distance is not that much further. I would guess that Iceberg will not be much better than Halls.

Has anyone tried the back of bullfrog bay? I've done well back there for stripers in November. Just have no experience in March.

The couple times I have been in there, it seems that it is one of the best places for a mixed bag. One of the biggest LMB and SMB from around the same tree.

Anybody have any experience in Iceberg ? Looks like a decent canyon thinking about spending some time in there. We are chasing stripers this week from Halls but been slow. Thanks
Iceberg is a beautiful canyon to station in with your houseboat but fills quickly in the summer months....it's a favorite for many people1

It has also been good for crappie, caught very good walleye using down riggers along the walls too.

Has anyone tried the back of bullfrog bay? I've done well back there for stripers in November. Just have no experience in March.
We have done well in there in March. Mostly stripers, but some walleye. One year we found the walleye were down around 30 feet in 60+ FOW. I kept seeing fish on the finder but finally put it together that they were suspended walleye.... very odd behavior, we usually get them near the bottom! As usual, the only times we had luck that early in the season was after a few days of warm and calm weather. 15'-20' diving crankbaits trolled at 2.6-3.0 mph....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back