Hull pressure washing underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waverunner

Was considering taking my 3200 psi pressure washer to clean the pontoons on houseboat while in the slip.
Any thoughts on this or has anyone tried it?
I know the efficiency would be reduced however may work better then the old stiff brush.
Could also possibly modify the wand to suck air into the water stream thus creating more of a scrubbing action.
Appreciate your thoughts, Thanks

Was considering taking my 3200 psi pressure washer to clean the pontoons on houseboat while in the slip.
Any thoughts on this or has anyone tried it?
I know the efficiency would be reduced however may work better then the old stiff brush.
Could also possibly modify the wand to suck air into the water stream thus creating more of a scrubbing action.
Appreciate your thoughts, Thanks
I look forward to hearing your results - this sounds feasible to me, and I'll try it also if your experience is positive.

May be legal implications.
Birdsnest may be correct. I know NPS does not allow scraping of mussels from boats while in marinas commercially, but I do not know if it is against a law for a boat owner to do it in a marina, or for a boat owner to do it away from a marina. It would be good to know that answer before proceeding.

Thanks for the comments. I talked to Az Game and Fish today ( she deals with the invasive species) and they have no issue with it but suggested to call the marina.
Called Wahweap and they have no issue either in or out of slip (as long as no chemicals).
Was up at Powell this past weekend (great weather) and replaced all the exterior carpet and wood storage box lids so will be back up in 1 week or two and will report back if end up trying this.

Interesting comments here (hadn’t considered the action/reaction thing)...

I was told you are not allowed following the "leave only foot prints" mantra theory. When we inquired, we were looking at doing a boat wash, I was told that "IF" you did, you would have to have netting to capture any and everything that would come off the vessel. The other issue is the pressure needed as while they are alive, they are very hard to get off, even with a high pressured washer, even out of the water the first few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back