Huge line of boats leaving Stateline ramp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Fordham

Are they waiting for quagga inspection or something??

Attachments

• stateline7-7-2019 5-48-56 AM2.jpg
    stateline7-7-2019 5-48-56 AM2.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 235
Are they waiting for quagga inspection or something??
Yup, sadly that’s been the Stateline drill lately at times (especially on weekends). Got caught in it myself a few weeks ago, waited about 30 minutes.

Even if your next destination is quagga/zebra infested water (Lower Colorado River) and you’ve cleaned, drained and dried, you still have to wait in line.

Plan your time accordingly.

Reminder to Page locals as well as those who have their boats stored locally (i.e. the boats don't leave the area), there is a "local boater" program that you can certify for that will allow you to bypass the long lines of inspection on the ramps. You must still do all that is required to certify your boat is mussel free through a self-inspection and the certification must be renewed annually. This program is approved by both Utah and Arizona DNR and has saved me hours of ramp wait time. There is a website for this program, but I can't find it. The rangers on the ramps have handouts of what is required to qualify for the program.

Back when Matt was running Dry Storage at Bullfrog, he said it took him 4 hours one 4th of July to get one boat out of the water (pre ans inspections), that was enuf to keep me away.

Reminder to Page locals as well as those who have their boats stored locally (i.e. the boats don't leave the area), there is a "local boater" program that you can certify for that will allow you to bypass the long lines of inspection on the ramps. You must still do all that is required to certify your boat is mussel free through a self-inspection and the certification must be renewed annually. This program is approved by both Utah and Arizona DNR and has saved me hours of ramp wait time. There is a website for this program, but I can't find it. The rangers on the ramps have handouts of what is required to qualify for the program.
Yes, the Local Boater program is an option for locals. Here’s the link to the Full-Year Certification:

After completing the online course, print out and sign. Bring to ramp and complete an additional form identifying vessel registration #, storage address, etc.

With those 2 papers you get a sticker that allows you to bypass the line (if you’re local). You still are responsible for Clean, Drain, Dry before bypassing line.

Curiously I was told the houseboat does not require inspection or any paperwork/sticker which is odd...it’s on a private trailer and could easily be moved to another body of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back