Houseboats on the loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocksnblondes

We just returned from a trip to Bullfrog for the past 6 days... during our stay, we had a houseboat wash ashore about 100 yards from where we were moored in Bullfrog Bay. Called Executive Services and they retrieved it... The next evening, we were crossing between Bullfrog and Halls and found another suspicious houseboat bobbing in the bay--also an escapee... it was the Happy Jacks, the first boat had no name that I could find. It was later in the evening so we called NPS emergency on the phone and they send someone to retrieve it...

Both boats had their connection cables securely attached to the fronts of the boats, looks like they came apart at the mooring ball connection.

Anyone know anything about the frequency of escapees? Any info about damaged caused by boats banging there way out of the buoy fields? both of these boats had drifted at least a mile if not more.

I left my contact info with the park service, but alas my iPhone didn't survive the swim I took with it in my pocket...

In the last 2 years I've reported 1 loose boat in the Halls area per year. And I'm sorry to say that mine has come loose twice in the past 10 years. Both times I've been told my cable was bad. I have often wondered where Aramark buoy ownership ends and my ownership of securing the boat begins.

If as you observed these boats had cables attached it sounds like the housing at the buoy end gave out....not sure who owns that.

In the last 2 years I've reported 1 loose boat in the Halls area per year. And I'm sorry to say that mine has come loose twice in the past 10 years. Both times I've been told my cable was bad. I have often wondered where Aramark buoy ownership ends and my ownership of securing the boat begins.

If as you observed these boats had cables attached it sounds like the housing at the buoy end gave out....not sure who owns that.
We just returned from a trip to Bullfrog for the past 6 days... during our stay, we had a houseboat wash ashore about 100 yards from where we were moored in Bullfrog Bay. Called Executive Services and they retrieved it... The next evening, we were crossing between Bullfrog and Halls and found another suspicious houseboat bobbing in the bay--also an escapee... it was the Happy Jacks, the first boat had no name that I could find. It was later in the evening so we called NPS emergency on the phone and they send someone to retrieve it...

Both boats had their connection cables securely attached to the fronts of the boats, looks like they came apart at the mooring ball connection.

Anyone know anything about the frequency of escapees? Any info about damaged caused by boats banging there way out of the buoy fields? both of these boats had drifted at least a mile if not more.

I left my contact info with the park service, but alas my iPhone didn't survive the swim I took with it in my pocket...

You said the Happy Jack ... oh no. That is our houseboat. Did there appear to be any damage to the houseboat that you see

Thanks, Jack Herrin

Also can you tell me which day it was that you seen Happy Jack a drift? Trying to get Bullfrog Exec services to call me back now

Thanks

Just got off the phone with Rob(stocksnblondes) said there was no damage he could see. I also just got reply back from Bullfrog services. Houseboat back on the buoy and no reported damage. Thanks Rob for calling NPS that our houseboat was a drift.

Hotwheeels

I have often wondered where Aramark buoy ownership ends and my ownership of securing the boat begins.

I'll bet I know what Aramark would say regarding liability/ownership..... :(

:rolleyes: WE -KNOW -NOTHING !!!!:rolleyes: Happened to me in the past , with damage, and the point of responsibility is an
" evolving thing ", meaning it goes away from Aramark....

You pay Aramark a fee to use the floating buoys. Unless your own chain gave way and is the reason boat floats loose, the maintenance of the buoy you tie to should be 100% the responsibility of Aramark. You pay them to maintain it through your annual fee.

WB, My guess is that a good lawsuit would cure the flippant attitude, but how many times are the owners going to take a chance losing the suit, when it was a case of only slight damage...

I have never once heard of a successful claim against Aramark for buoy failure. They simply do not care as they have zero fear of consequence. They are a multi BILLION dollar company with endless funding with masssive insurance protections for fighting any claim. And the contracts are all written in favor of Aramark and I am sure the buoy contract has a clean exit for Aramark under acts of god, etc. This is the same reason they keep running the tour boats with the deadly wakes, they don't care about being sued and the insurance company does not care about fighting you or even paying you to in event of victory. Look at past slip contract lawsuit that went on for years that they ultimately lost with both parties limited by a no comment clause.

You pay Aramark a fee to use the floating buoys. Unless your own chain gave way and is the reason boat floats loose, the maintenance of the buoy you tie to should be 100% the responsibility of Aramark. You pay them to maintain it through your annual fee.
Nice theory, but if it comes loose while you are not there, it's their word regarding the cause of the failure. Call me skeptical, but I doubt the cause has ever been a failure of the Buoy bolt, it's always "the cable" was bad......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back