Houseboat roof repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickdraw

I noticed a small part of the roof on our houseboat is failing--looking for suggestions on who to call for roof repairs near wahweap and a ballpark price of what you'd expect to pay. Or, if some of you have recently had a repair like this I'd love to chat. Thanks!

Lake Powell Marine replaced our whole roof 2 years ago. We were very happy with the work. We have a fly bridge and hard Bimini that had to be removed, roof replaced and then both were reinstalled

I've repaired one roof and found a product that I really like but it is a little pricey and the situation needs to be right.
It's a 2 part, non hardening, non-shrinking epoxy made by Polycoat Products called PC-260.
Main factors is it is a self leveling epoxy so your roof must be flat and the boat must be near level to get a proper coat.
You can also get the plastic beads to add for grip.
But, once applied, it will be a solid "rubberized" membrane on the roof, ultimately completely waterproof.

I wish I could recommend someone down on the lower end, but I'm just not familiar with that end of the lake.

Good luck with getting it fixed!

The Polycoat PC260 is not an epoxy. PC-260 is a two component, fast setting, fast curing, solvent free, flexible, high performance, and high solids polyurethane elastomeric coating that can be applied to suitably prepared interior or exterior concrete, plywood and metal surfaces. The recommendations are to top coat it with another product. This is presumably to give better UV resistance as well as encapsulating an aggregate for improved slip resistance.

I noticed a small part of the roof on our houseboat is failing--looking for suggestions on who to call for roof repairs near wahweap and a ballpark price of what you'd expect to pay. Or, if some of you have recently had a repair like this I'd love to chat. Thanks!
What is failing? A coating is unlikely to fix a structural problem. You may need to re-glass and then topcoat the area your having an issue with

Dave, did you do something for uv protection on the roof?
When I did the PC-260, I called the company about the UV status and if anything was needed as a top coat. They informed me that is designed for outdoor use but to use top coat 1110 for UV protection.
Just so I don't get corrected again :D here is the link of the stuff. It says exactly what PowellDreamer says. :D

And having applied it myself, they say fast setting but it really isn't. You do have more than a few minutes to work with this stuff. Fiberglass resin dries faster. Even in the instructions, it says the tools and buckets can be easily cleaned the next day because the stuff will just peel out/off of the tools and buckets.

It is some good stuff. Just read the instructions before trying it.
The link also has the sand to add for grip on your deck. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back