Houseboat Insurance suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph3

Any recommendations? We purchased boat, and the old provider from the previous owners has been a nightmare to get a hold of. Let me know!

We use Markel through American Marine Insurance
805-667-8512

Haven't filed a claim since 2008, but they were pretty easy to work with back in the days when we had 18 owners and were filing claims

Currently using Warner Gleave Contact. Maryanne Haigh. 1-800-340-4845.

Called, but they will not insure boats that are on a buoy (she said too many claims?) and ours is steel hull... she said as of this year they will not insure those anymore... Looks like I might be in trouble :)

Give Zack Katz a call he may be able to help you out. 801-849-2309
Tried this too... will call back but progressive said they ‘don’t insure houseboats’

I’m just off with geico (they insure 2 boats for me)... should be done and Rate was good, but I need to wait for underwriters to bind it

Tried this too... will call back but progressive said they ‘don’t insure houseboats’

I’m just off with geico (they insure 2 boats for me)... should be done and Rate was good, but I need to wait for underwriters to bind it
give me a call -- I will update you on what to look for--
Dave -- Knode Insurance in Palisade, CO 970-464-5661

Same problem here...after 5 years with Progressive, got a non-renewal letter. No longer insuring steel hulls. Same reply from several other insurers checked by my local agent in Parker, AZ.

Tried Warner-Gleave, quote was $1450/year PLUS marine survey required.......no thanks.

Pontoons re-skinned 4 years ago, new Merc 115 OB in 2015. Boat sits on trailer (never moored or slipped). No insurer will touch it (at least not at a “reasonable” rate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back