Houseboat Insurance --- Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

botnb

Scott, I couldn't respond to your question , you posted---- too many letters.

Scott, sorry I missed your post until now , but my boat was registered as a ' 77, 44' Boatel w/ an '88 cabin and the pontoons were freshly repanned. Boat name
Hooligan,,, I wrote the policy with Debby Clearwater, from Mike Daniels , American Family Insurance, in Grand Junction. I sold the boat, but I left the buyer on the insurance policy and think he is still with them. My email for further conversation is [email protected]

Who was the underwriter? (Not the agent). Is there ANY insurance company BESIDES Markel offering houseboat insurance? I’d like to get a competitive bid.

I chased down three different agents only to find that they are only representing Markel.

Who was the underwriter? (Not the agent). Is there ANY insurance company BESIDES Markel offering houseboat insurance? I’d like to get a competitive bid.

I chased down three different agents only to find that they are only representing Markel.
Gem, AM FAM is also underwriting through Markel. I have not been able to find any other insurance provider except for a company called Prime. I don't have their information, but what I am told is they are 3-4 times more expensive.

I received a call from Laketime who manages my houseboat timeshare. We have to change our insurance company also. It appears they are going with Markel.

I am working on getting a bid from American family insurance. I still have not yet determined if they have an underlying carrier. The initial rate they quoted me was 1/3 what I had been paying at Markel. I am making sure to get all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed. I’ll report back when I know more

I am working on getting a bid from American family insurance. I still have not yet determined if they have an underlying carrier. The initial rate they quoted me was 1/3 what I had been paying at Markel. I am making sure to get all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed. I’ll report back when I know more
Gem, I was told that if you are a single owner they can insure you through American Family, and they have one other option if you have 4 or less owners. Anything over 4 owners and they use Markel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back