House boat rental options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

broay73

Are there any options for renting a house boat at the bullfrog marina without adding to some corporations profit margin? I would like to rent a house boat but do not plan on leaving the docks with it. I will be using my fishing boat for daily excursions to fish and explore the lake. This will be my 1st trip to Lake Powell and it will be just me and my best buddy Chubby wonder mutt. Our goal is to be there 3-9 June 2020. Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.
J-

Attachments

• 40F8D6FF-7979-4768-8EAF-8B963CAF81B9.jpeg
    40F8D6FF-7979-4768-8EAF-8B963CAF81B9.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 20
The short answer is "no." The NPS prohibits any commerce from taking place inside the park unless it is conducted through a licensed concessionaire. That would apply to a private rental of a personal, or joint-ownership, houseboat.

There are several WW members who have houseboats at Bullfrog. Maybe, if you make some friends here, someone with similar plans could offer you a place to stay? Good luck!

Or the “Family Units” at Bullfrog is the next option. They are double wide trailers about 1/2 mile from the lake. The last time I stayed in them they were more than adequate for 6 people. They can be rented thru the lodge at Bullfrog. 435-684-3000. Sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back