Hite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coho975

I have been hearing rumors of ramp improvements at Hite while the lake is down. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I just recently had an employee that works at Hite stop by the shop and what she said is they are extending the main ramp this winter and are currently working on it but it's not going to be concrete. They are using gravel as the base and they predict the gravel will be enough to launch on. I've pulled people from that mud/muck and it will be interesting to see if they can solidify it with gravel. I have my doubts. They are also incorporating camp sites along the main ramp and parking so you don't have the long trek up to the parking lot.

I think they are testing the waters with the ramp and gravel to see if concrete is worth the investment. The current contract with the park service is for 3 years. I hope they make a great thing at Hite and do decide to extend the contract and the concrete. ;)

I am roughly scheduled to go down to Offshore soon and will be able to get an update then. Maybe I'll even take a detour and the camera and head over to Hite for a true update and pictures. I do know that many people are anticipating being able to launch at Hite (us included) so I'll try to get that update soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back