Hite "sand bar" Oct 12-17 - stripers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisSailor

First time posting - suggested by Maggie of the Hite General Store. Kayak drifted both sides of what Maggie calls the sand bar, between the downstream end (below old ramp) to a few hundred yards north of new ramp area. Hugging the bars edge line - dealing with snags of course. I was in the inner bays as I would call them and the main channel. Only used KEITECH custom worms - #452 Smallmouth Magic; single barbless hook, no weight. No small or large mouths - but the stripers lapped em up from mid morning to within hour of sunset. Reeled into the net over two dozen total in this time frame, carefully releasing most. Size was very consistent, 18-22 inches - using my landing net hoop as guide. Only one day was catch-less - but it was a short day due to high winds. Did not have any such luck in North Wash, nor Trachyte or Farley Canyons. Arrived Lone Rock today - we'll see how this plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bass Pro Shops.Middle fingers length, pinky's diameter. Dark green on top with blue sparkles, lighter green on the underside. Happy fishing! Windy and crowded here at Lone Rock - thinking I may make the long journey back to Hite.

I found them @ sportsmans warehouse how did you hook them and what size hook, OH my best lure at Powell is the white twister jig followed
by the whopper plopper that you can buy for $3.00 on Ebay thanks a bunch Dennis in grand jct co

I was using #4s, barbless. I put the tip through the 'nose' and work it down into the body. Met a number of fishermen from Grand Jct - all friendly. To fun fishing! Keith

Attachments

• E07ABEF0-7C22-4C2C-9EB0-93A35FC65B45.jpeg
    E07ABEF0-7C22-4C2C-9EB0-93A35FC65B45.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back