Hite Launchable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wet1

Planning a trip down at the end of Feb/early March. Wondering if Hite will still be useable at that time? Water data shows lake level at 3621 today and has dropped about 3 feet over the last month so if it drops another 3 or 4 feet over the next month would it be launchable at 3615?

I think the lake will be about 3617 on March 1st. You’ll probably be okay in a small boat but that is approaching the no launch elevation as you have said.

We discussed this last week and thought that launching will definitely be worth looking into for the spring. In our minds anything over 3610 would be worth looking into. Depending on how crappy (warm) this winter stays the little run off available might be sooner or at least diminish any decreases as spring approaches. I know we've launched at 3620, I doubt three feet lower would eliminate the possibility.

We discussed this last week and thought that launching will definitely be worth looking into for the spring. In our minds anything over 3610 would be worth looking into. Depending on how crappy (warm) this winter stays the little run off available might be sooner or at least diminish any decreases as spring approaches. I know we've launched at 3620, I doubt three feet lower would eliminate the possibility.

Thanks guys, I think I'll shoot for the third week of Feb to hopefully get one trip in to Hite before it gets too low. In the first week of April last year the lake ended at the lower end of Striper City and the level then was 3597 so hopefully it'll be up 18 feet or so from that and be enough for launching at Hite.

The last time I launched their, before this year, the lake was at 3613. We idled away down the lake to the point until it dropped off again but the lake bottom has changed since then. If you do go the wall on the same side as the launch is deeper. You get pretty close to the wall for the deepest water.

The last time I launched their, before this year, the lake was at 3613. We idled away down the lake to the point until it dropped off again but the lake bottom has changed since then. If you do go the wall on the same side as the launch is deeper. You get pretty close to the wall for the deepest water.
Thanks for the advice. I'll report afterwards.

Planning a trip down at the end of Feb/early March. Wondering if Hite will still be useable at that time? Water data shows lake level at 3621 today and has dropped about 3 feet over the last month so if it drops another 3 or 4 feet over the next month would it be launchable at 3615?
Just about 2 weeks out from my first trip down this year. Anyone heard anything about launching conditions at Hite? Based on the water table data it should be right about 3617.

Todd did you find anything out? I tried calling Hite Ranger today ring no answer and no message machine, would like to get update?

Todd did you find anything out? I tried calling Hite Ranger today ring no answer and no message machine, would like to get update?
I would love any info. I have not seen anything later than a members Dec report.

I was at Hite the first part of January.Water level 3622,had to break over an inch of ice to reach channel.Skim ice all the way to the mouth of striper city.The dock was still useable but won't be by now. Stripers were in 20 feet walleyes 45. Launching was good,with 7 feet of water to the channel. Hope this helps.
Thanks Gabby, much appreciated. You say 7 fow to the channel at 3622. That makes me nervous as I figure the lake level will be about 3617 in 2 weeks which would only be 2 fow. That's pretty sketchy to get my boat floated off the trailer.

You also mentioned walleyes were in 45 fow. Was that in striper city area? Did you find them around submerged brush?

Thank you for your help.

Try 435-684-2457 Sq
Squirrel, thank you for the number. I'll wait until early next week to give him a call. Hopefully with the beautiful weather there will be some activity around there this weekend to make for a good update on conditions.

Wet1,

Please report back about Hite. And anyone else going down to Hite.
I’m headed up March 24th and hoping to launch at Hite. Figure @3612
Preston once posted he thought it possible down to 3610.
I have a 10 foot tongue extension, I can connect up, to help keep wheel on solid/dry ground.
Hite saves so much time and gas.
Wish they would put some time and money in the Hite low level launch.

Look forward to your report.

yeah todd I tryied that number last week as well. nobody maning the phone at Hite LOL. maybe try Bullfrog Ranger station I bet they have a Cell Number for Hite Ranger.

Here are the current phone #'s for the different locations, Just got them from GCNRA
GCNRA Main # 928-608-6200
Bullfrog Ranger # 435-684-7400
Halls Crossing Ranger #435-684-7460 or 435-684-7461
Hite Ranger 435-684-2457

They told me the phones may not be working at Hite or the ranger is "out in the back country" There is supposed to be an answering machine, but is must not be working.

Is there cell service at Hite???? Sq

no cell service at Hite, Hite Ranger covers North end and other areas that may have coverage to contact him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back