Hite Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarinator

Has anyone launched there recently ?

second part of the question - how sketchy is the launch ? Is it on rock, mud , pebbles ,etc. Do you think its possible to launch a shallow draft 18 footer with a motorhome (2wd) ?

Thanks much

Yes, I think you are as good as a two wheel drive truck or better. Your motorhome is longer then a truck, and your on good solid ground, rock's.
You will be fine.

how much longer is launching at Hite going to be doable?

Our last Hite launch with in October 2017. Lake level was 3627. Today it is 3617 -- 10 feet lower than then. I can't imagine we'll make it very much longer. I'm guessing by October 18, we'll be launching at Bullfrog...

I have put on at 3607, and it was a little scary. But the river, and the silt, change every year. So we will see what this year has for us. I have a 16 ft Lund, with a roller trailer, which make's a lot of difference in putting in and out. I'm hoping to launch til the middle of Nov, time will tell.

Since they no longer allow primative camping at Hite, it is a mute point. I will go to bullfrog and use a good ramp and make the run to uplake and shore camp. Why bother with crappy ramp that could damage your trailer /boat, if you cannot camp there. Fish cleaning station is still broken. Not that far of run from bull frog when you have a Ranger 😁

Last edited:
Since they no longer allow primative camping at Hite, it is a mute point. I will go to bullfrog and use a good ramp and make the run to uplake and shore camp. Why bother with crappy ramp that could damage your trailer /boat, if you cannot camp there. Fish cleaning station is still broken. Not that far of run from bull frog when you have a Ranger 😁
You can't primitive camp anywhere at Hite now?

How much do they charge for a campsite and do they have hookups?

Any more news on launching at Hite or the fish cleaning station. I looks like the lake level only went down one foot in the last month. I plan on going tomorrow. Thanks

Any more news on launching at Hite or the fish cleaning station. I looks like the lake level only went down one foot in the last month. I plan on going tomorrow. Thanks

Sounds like you wont need to worry about a fish cleaning station if you fish up there. LOL

Hopefully you can figure out something that works for the overly fed northern fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back