Hey botnb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was no oopsie, that was mechanical failure with large quick decision making followed by fluid transfer and false flag armchair quarterbacking and great speculation........or so I was told

I remember a time when we were stranded in Seward Alaska for a month while our ship was in dry-dock getting the propeller hubs repaired. I frequented a nice little restaurant (okay, it was a bar) that overlooked the docks where the Kenia Fjords Tour boats would dock. They used to come it hot, slide out the stern (something a former XO used to call a "power slide"), then give her every ounce of reverse thrust her engines could muster, and glide neatly up to the dock. I remember commenting that it was very impressive, but if the engine ever died going into reverse that the next round would be on them since they'd be in the restaurant. I heard that it happened a few months after we left (not into the restaurant, but they did take out a section of dock) and I imagine that it must have looked a lot like that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back