Hey botnb?

Discussion in 'Lake Powell Recreation' started by Gem Morris, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Gem Morris

Gem Morris Well-Known Member

What is that picture in your signature?
  2. Guido

Guido Member

I think it was the tour boat that ended up parked on the dock after the Capt did a little oopsie :rolleyes:
    Bill Sampson and botnb like this.
  3. Gem Morris

Gem Morris Well-Known Member

Dang! I hate when that happens!! :)
    botnb likes this.

ROSCOELAB Well-Known Member

there was no oopsie, that was mechanical failure with large quick decision making followed by fluid transfer and false flag armchair quarterbacking and great speculation........or so I was told
    Bill Sampson and botnb like this.
  5. botnb

botnb Well-Known Member

I don't know the details, but guess there was a slight error that put the Desert Shadow a little too close to the Dock..:eek::eek::eek:
    Bill Sampson likes this.
  6. botnb

botnb Well-Known Member

:p I can just hear one of the passengers saying " when the Captain said we are going to run in to the store, I didn't think he meant- run into the store" :D
  7. capt.catfish

capt.catfish Well-Known Member

I remember a time when we were stranded in Seward Alaska for a month while our ship was in dry-dock getting the propeller hubs repaired. I frequented a nice little restaurant (okay, it was a bar) that overlooked the docks where the Kenia Fjords Tour boats would dock. They used to come it hot, slide out the stern (something a former XO used to call a "power slide"), then give her every ounce of reverse thrust her engines could muster, and glide neatly up to the dock. I remember commenting that it was very impressive, but if the engine ever died going into reverse that the next round would be on them since they'd be in the restaurant. I heard that it happened a few months after we left (not into the restaurant, but they did take out a section of dock) and I imagine that it must have looked a lot like that picture.
    botnb likes this.
  8. botnb

botnb Well-Known Member

Yeah Cap, you have to have a lot of confidence in your running gear, to come in hot like that !!! I know !!:eek::rolleyes:
    capt.catfish and Bill Sampson like this.