HELP with Striper Harvest!!! July 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
We are challenged to collect 60 striped bass July 11th between dawn and 10 AM. If you are going striper fishing on Wednesday I will fillet your fish for you if you come to the Wahweap fish cleaning station between 10 and 11 AM.

These fish will be tested for parasites and other disease issues. The test will include only the internal organs (liver and spleen). The fish fillets will be given back to you ready to eat. I hope to see some fishermen, women and kids tomorrow at the Wahweap cleaning station. It is not easy to catch 60 fish in the morning in one boat this time of year, but if everyone catches 10 fish then it only takes 6 fishing boats to meet the quota.

Hope to see you there tomorrow and thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
The program just got moved back a day. Bring your fish in July 11th instead of the 10th = Same time (10-11 AM) and place (Fish Cleaning station at Wahweap .

Would like to help. Shore camping near West. What time zone are you using so I am not late. Best way to get fish to cleaning station from dock area?

Catching stripers was as hard as I have ever seen it yesterday. 3 Boats, 8 anglers only got 5 stripers. Tough day probably had something to do with weather changes and barometric pressure drop (not sure what that does or means but its good fallback excuse when fishing is tough) ;)

Slurps were non existent near Dove. A couple in mid Last Chance. None in Rock. Couple in Padre. Caught one out of slurps. Bass bite was great. Dove, Last Chance and any cove with a deep drop off. 15 to 25 feet for fish. Using a 3 and 4 inch crawdad in green.

Slurps were non existent near Dove. A couple in mid Last Chance. None in Rock. Couple in Padre. Caught one out of slurps. Bass bite was great. Dove, Last Chance and any cove with a deep drop off. 15 to 25 feet for fish. Using a 3 and 4 inch crawdad in green.
Thanks Randy for your willingness to serve. I understood that no one was catching stripers yesterday morning. It happens...

how did the ones harvested look? are you finding the worms that have been mentioned, long tape type and the smaller white grub looking? are they getting into the flesh? when will you know the test results of the flesh.

No worms at all or other parasites for that matter. We will have to look farther north to duplicate the reports posted earlier. We have a boat up there to today and I will get their catch information this afternoon and report back.

Sorry I missed this thread. I was out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday with moderate success. No visible nastiness witnessed with only 2 or 3 out of 60 being skinny. All down by the Dam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back