HELP! Coming to Powell June 9th-17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Coming to Powell June 9th-17th and haven't been to Powell for 6 years. Will be launching from Wahweap. 75ft houseboat, 2 jetskis, and my fishing kayak. I'm here looking for information on what lures,baits, lines etc to run here. All information is greatly appreciated. Also what areas of the lake are the fish going to be hitting hard. Will be beaching the houseboat in a different place each day and fishing from kayak and possibly jetski. What techniques and areas to fish here? Where to beach? Any info is greatly appreciated. If anyone could give me kind of a fishing guide for this lake that would be great!

Welcome! The answers to most of your questions are available here, but you will need to look around.

For your fishing questions, keep an eye on
and

You can ask specific fishing questions here

For the houseboating questions, you'll find a wealth of information in

As to your question about beaching the houseboat in a different place each day, I wouldn't recommend it. Moving and anchoring a 75' houseboat will take almost half of your day each day you move (depending on how far you go, how long it takes to scout out a new site, and the efficiency of your crew). You'll burn up a lot of time. Personally, I prefer to stay in one great place all week to maximize play time. Others may move once or twice during the same period. You'll want to think about how much you need to see a new vista from the houseboat versus sightseeing via kayak or jetski.

Hope you have a great trip!

Welcome! The answers to most of your questions are available here, but you will need to look around.

For your fishing questions, keep an eye on
and

You can ask specific fishing questions here

For the houseboating questions, you'll find a wealth of information in

As to your question about beaching the houseboat in a different place each day, I wouldn't recommend it. Moving and anchoring a 75' houseboat will take almost half of your day each day you move (depending on how far you go, how long it takes to scout out a new site, and the efficiency of your crew). You'll burn up a lot of time. Personally, I prefer to stay in one great place all week to maximize play time. Others may move once or twice during the same period. You'll want to think about how much you need to see a new vista from the houseboat versus sightseeing via kayak or jetski.

Hope you have a great trip!
Do you know of any good places that will be accessible in June? Coming from wahweap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back