Heads up Thru Antelope Marina no wake zone...or

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibum

You could seriously end up getting clotheslined and having your heads taken off. Returning to Waheep last week into the low angle sun, we stayed to the far right, opposite from the slips, to avoid some outbound traffic. Beware, many of the cable groups tied high up on the cliff are entering the water so far offshore that they present a danger to actually going over the bow. We came very close to getting snagged. The same situation exists in Labyrinth canyon with the no wake buoy. Sorry...no pictures.

Our trip was just a quick “summarize and check the boat trip” for four days. Days were warmer than when I stopped by in late snowy January and we had cool nights for sleeping. We found very few boats venturing beyond Padre Bay. I didn’t get a chance to get any pictures from the air, but did note how non existent Cottonwood Canyon is at these levels. Llewelyn Gulch ends at the pour off and Rock creek is very diminished. Last Chance appeared to end right before the fork at the end.

Thanks for this reminder. I have mentioned it before but you have to be on the right thread at the right time to see all the information. There is an amazing amount of good information about this lake on WW.

One more time: Stay close to the moored houseboats while idling through Antelope Point Marina. Really, there is only room for 2 houseboats to pass. Do not try to make a third travel lane close to the cliff wall. The cables coming off the walls to secure the docks could be a terrible hazard if you are not aware that they are just barely under water now, or completely exposed in spots. Have a safe trip uplake.

Thanks for this reminder. I have mentioned it before but you have to be on the right thread at the right time to see all the information. There is an amazing amount of good information about this lake on WW.

One more time: Stay close to the moored houseboats while idling through Antelope Point Marina. Really, there is only room for 2 houseboats to pass. Do not try to make a third travel lane close to the cliff wall. The cables coming off the walls to secure the docks could be a terrible hazard if you are not aware that they are just barely under water now, or completely exposed in spots. Have a safe trip uplake.

Good information. I have to remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back