Heading Out Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were heading back down Thursday, good luck. Have you heard any reports on the walleye in GHB or the where the mud line is currently?

Sorry buddy, wish I could but you know the deal. Have a great trip and be safe.

TR

Catch a boatload Squirrel!
One of my best fishing trips ever, I was in my boat solo, trolling and catching doubles nonstop......what a RODEO! Kurt was in his boat trolling the same bank as I was, catching doubles and triples with Cori nonstop. Petester and Broski were on the shore, watching and listening to us call out "Double" and "Triple" over the radio to each other. Pete was not feeling so good, so he didn't get to drive the boat for Broski. He didn't have much interest in "silver Carp" anyways as he put it :cool:

Here is a picture of my boat, on that epic fishing day. Hope yours is a great one, Squirrel. Stingray trolling.jpg

"Silver Carp", that's the funnies thing I've seen for a while. Stripers are slightly better than carp in a couple of respects, they taste better(IMO), and they bite more readily. To be honest, we've only targeted Stripers one trip(unsuccessfully), but we definitely enjoy the "accidental" hookup we experience occasionally, while fishing for crappie, SMB, and LMB.

We are headed down on Thursday. We'll be on the buoy Thursday night, and not sure if we are headed North or South on Friday morning

My oldest boy and myself heading down Saturday morning till Monday, shore camping towards GHB. Any recent reports from that area?

I’ll be down tmrw morning for a striper harvest. Load up the HB then find a beach. Not sure if I want to go to Halls Creek and fish the islands or stay in BF bay and fish Moqui on up. Any info on either direction?

I am so jealous squirrel that you get to go fishing right now! I have been trying to find somebody to go with me for the weekend but nobody can. Fishing reports have been great and i cant stand it. I considered going solo as well but not sure i want to do all that is required for a fishing trip on my own... besides i like the company of other fisherman. I dont know how you do it all on your own, especially staying in the campground and loading your boat everyday. Good luck to you and i hope you enjoy the solitude.

hi squirrel, dan here.....been in the BF campground for a couple weeks. I'm just up the loop a couple hundred yards.....I saw your name on the post driving by the other morning. I'll knock on your door & introduce myself. We are in B20.......solar panels & big red truck.....we r leaving sunday noonish.

hi squirrel, dan here.....been in the BF campground for a couple weeks. I'm just up the loop a couple hundred yards.....I saw your name on the post driving by the other morning. I'll knock on your door & introduce myself. We are in B20.......solar panels & big red truck.....we r leaving sunday noonish.
Sorry for the delayed response, I’m sitting in my living room watching the race. After the wind last night I called it quits and drove home a day early. That really is one big truck! I seen you there 2 weeks ago when I was there with David. Sorry we didn’t cross paths, next time. Sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back